No one wants to see rats roaming around their house, let alone compound, since they are harmful and their site is not quite appealing to the eyes. Rats cause various diseases like Leptospirosis and Rabies. Other than causing these diseases, rats can be quite distractions, and if they are not eliminated and end up breeding, the damage is unrepairable. Well, if you have noticed some rats running around your home, this article will provide you with a review of the top best rat repellents in the market.
What attracts rats to a home?
If food residuals are lying around your home or the garbage is not disposed of well, and on time, then rats will be attracted to your home.
Rats are warm-blooded animals, and during the winters, they roam around looking for warm areas they can stay and breed. Where is better than a garage or a store!
If there is a leakage in your home, probably on the drainage system, rats may be attracted to your home.
The top best rat repellents review
1. Tomcat Repellents Rodent Repellent
This is one of the best and versatile pest repellents to acquire, especially if you have pets and kids in your home. The repellent product ensures no rats or mice can evade your home by chasing them away. The best part is that the rodent repellant is safe to use throughout the year since it is waterproof.
So, even during the rainy season, be sure this repellent will still repel rats and mice. This repellent can last for up to 30 days during the warm seasons, although you may need constant spraying on stormy days.
- This rodent repellent comes ready to use
- It can last for a month
- Repels both rats and mice
- It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- The repellent is safe to use around kids and pets
- This repellant only controls the rats and mice from evading your home but does not stop them. Thus, you may need to use it for a long time.
2. BH-4, 2Pack – Ultrasonic Electronic Repellent
This is one of the most accessible rat and other pest repellents since you need to plug on an electric socket and leave it to do the magic. Another outstanding feature of this repellent is that not only does it keep rats and mice away, but all pests that may be evading your home, including bats, flees, mosquitoes, and so on. This pest repeller is made with organic materials with minimal odor making it environmentally safe for humans and pets.
- This repellent covers an ample space of 6000 square feet
- Suitable for repelling all pests
- Easy to use
- Super affordable
- You can use it in multiple areas of your home
- It can only be used in areas with an electric socket for connection purposes
3. Harris Peppermint Oil Mice & Rodent Repellent Spray
The infusion of the peppermint and cinnamon essential oils on this rat repellent guarantees to keep off rats and mice from your home while still ensuring the safety of your family. This is a repellant you can use indoors and outdoors since it can withstand all the weather elements. Still, if you have noticed some rats moving in your car engine, this rat repellent will instantly help get rid of them.
- This repellent is safe to use indoors, outdoors, and in cars
- It has a natural scent
- It is safe to use around kids
- Spraying the repellant is easy
- The effect on this repellant does not last long, so you may need to spray regularly.
4. BRISON Ultrasonic Pest Repeller
One thing for sure is that you can use BRISON Ultrasonic to eliminate rats and mice evading your home and still create a comfortable environment for your family and pets. Not only is it recommendable for rats and mice, but you can also use the repellent to get rid of other pests like spiders, insects, and bugs. Installing this repellent is easy since you need a plug, switch on, and begin the magic.
- The repeller comes with a lifetime warranty
- It is quite affordable
- Repels all pests and bugs from your home
- Suitable for indoor use
- They are pretty small and do not cover a significant area
Conclusion about the best rat repellents
These are the top best rat repellents in the market. They are made with organic ingredients making them safe for the environment, humans, and even pets while keeping rats and other rodents away. Some of our reviewed repellents should be plugged into sockets, while others are suitable for spraying on the surroundings. So, choose the repellent ideal for your home use.