Can Silverfish Hurt You?

Silverfish are small bugs, and they are not poisonous. However, their skin may trigger allergic reactions in some people. They can also damage your home.

When they eat, silverfish exude waste. You can find their poop on a paper towel, in places where they live, and in your home.

Silverfish can cause major damage to your home, including destroying family photos, and scraping and chewing through your clothes, books, and paper items. If you see any signs of an infestation, you should take steps to get rid of it.

Silverfish can be found all over the United States. In some states, they can be as common as cockroaches.

These pests tend to hide during the day, and they only come out at night. As a result, they are often difficult to notice. But they do not pose a direct danger to humans, so if you are aware of their presence, you can avoid an infestation.

Silverfish are often found in moist, dark areas. They usually build their nests near food supplies.

Silverfish are not known to carry diseases, but they can spread bacteria and contaminate food. Some silverfish are able to survive without food for a year. Nonetheless, an infestation can be hard to deal with.

Silverfish are very active at night, so you will most likely not see them during the day. During the day, you can try to clean up the crumbs and dust on your food.

If you have any signs of an infestation, you can call a professional pest control company. They can help you eliminate the problem.