What is Bad About Silverfish?

The silverfish is an insect that is not dangerous to humans. It’s not known to carry pathogens that can cause disease. However, it’s a nuisance pest that can damage your home.

These insects live in damp, dark places. They prefer foods that contain carbohydrates such as sugar and starch.

Silverfish also prefer a cool, damp environment. Their favorite spots include bathrooms and basements.

They are not known to bite or poison people, but some people may experience allergic reactions. A silverfish infestation can be very damaging to your home. You may want to use a dehumidifier to reduce the humidity in your home.

If you notice a silverfish infestation in your home, you should start by cleaning up the food sources. This can keep them from living in your house.

You should also remove any wet leaves from around your home. This will encourage the silverfish to find a place to live elsewhere.

You can also sprinkle some diatomaceous earth on the areas where you think there are silverfish. Diatomaceous earth is an insecticide that will kill these bugs.

In addition, you can spray the area with Boric acid. Boric acid is a poisonous substance that can be harmful to pets and children.

Other natural remedies include using cinnamon. Cinnamon sticks, ground cinnamon, or cinnamon oil can be used to keep the insects away.

For an even more natural remedy, you can apply essential oils. These can be applied to your walls and floors. Some essential oils, including lavender and lemon, are known to repel silverfish.

Our top picks for getting rid of silverfish

These are our 6 TOP picks for getting rid of your silverfish infestation. These products are carefully selected by our team to give you the most value for your money!