What Happens If You Eat Silverfish?

Silverfish are not dangerous, but they can be a source of contamination and damage. They can leave a yellow stain behind on clothes and paper products.

Silverfish are not venomous, but they can cause allergic reactions in some people. These symptoms may last up to two days, and if they do not go away after a day, it is time to seek medical help.

These little creatures are a common household pest, and can be a real nuisance. If you have one in your home, there are a few ways to get rid of it.

To start, try to get rid of any damp problems. Seal leaky pipes and other damp areas in your home, and increase the ventilation. This will force silverfish to move.

You can also try to use diatomaceous earth to kill silverfish. However, it is not recommended for children or pets. The acid can be dangerous.

Try to limit silverfish’s access to your home. Silverfish are attracted to starches and carbohydrates. They can enter homes through food storage areas, clothing, paper products, and more.

Another way to get rid of silverfish is to avoid storing your foods in damp areas. If you do store your foods in a moist place, be sure to keep them in airtight containers. Also, be sure to use a dehumidifier to decrease humidity.

Using cinnamon can be a good repellent. Ground cinnamon or cinnamon sticks can be placed on top of any area that you suspect silverfish are present.