Is Silverfish Dangerous to Your Health?

If you’ve seen silverfish in your home, you might wonder if they’re a danger to your health. They are not poisonous, but they can cause property damage and damage your clothes, books, and photos.

Silverfish tend to prefer starchy materials like flour, sugar, and cornstarch, as well as protein. But they can also eat paper, cardboard, and even fabrics.

As silverfish grow older, they shed their skin. This skin can be a trigger for allergy sufferers. It can attract dust, too. So, if you see any remnants of the bug, you might want to clean it.

Silverfish can be a real problem, especially in damp and dark areas. The damage they can do can be expensive.

They can damage wallpaper, books, and other valuable items. Some people get allergic reactions to the skin of the bug.

If you suspect you have an infestation of silverfish, call a pest control specialist for help. They can inspect your home and recommend methods for getting rid of them.

One of the best ways to prevent an infestation is to vacuum regularly. Vacuuming helps to remove crumbs, dust, and all types of pests. Another way to keep bugs out of your home is to use a dehumidifier.

Silverfish tend to be nocturnal, so they are more likely to be found in the evening and nighttime hours. However, you don’t need to be afraid to get up in the middle of the night and check for the presence of these bugs.