Do Silverfish Go in Your Ears?

Silverfish are not venomous and do not carry diseases. However, they can be a problem for your property. They damage books, clothing, furniture, and other items in your home.

These nocturnal insects come out at night and are very shy creatures. Their jaws are too small to enter human skin.

They have a metallic appearance and a teardrop shape. They live in moist areas, especially in damp and dark environments.

They are very fast and move around a lot at night. It is easy for them to hide in cabinets, under books, and under other things.

They are attracted to damp environments and to sugary liquids. They are known to eat paper, crumbs, and other imperceptible sources of sustenance.

They are not venomous, but they can cause allergic reactions. Some people experience itchy throats, coughing, and mucus buildup.

They have a lifespan of about eight years. The females lay up to 60 eggs.

They have an unusual mating ritual. The eggs are laid in winter and hatch in spring.

Silverfish feed on sugar, starches, and other carbohydrates. If you keep your books and other valuable possessions in a safe location, they should not be a problem.

A silverfish infestation is not an unpleasant event. However, it can lead to property damage and an upset stomach.

There are several ways to control an infestation. One of the most effective ways is to use a non-toxic, all-natural powder called diatomaceous earth.

You can also avoid the use of toxic silverfish poison. However, you should check with your veterinarian first before doing so.