Can You Get Sick From Silverfish?

Silverfish are not harmful to humans. They are not venomous and do not carry diseases that could harm pets or birds. However, they can cause damage to property. If you have an infestation, you will need to find a way to get rid of them.

Most silverfish are nocturnal and spend the night in dark, damp places. They move quickly and are attracted to sugary and starchy foods.

Silverfish are often seen in bathrooms and kitchens. They can also be found in pet bedding and food containers.

These insects are not venomous, so children who accidentally eat them won’t be harmed. However, they can eat almost anything, including cereal, books, and even human hair.

While they are not known to carry pathogens that can make you sick, they do damage material and furnishings. Some people are allergic to the skin of these creatures, so it is best to take action to eliminate them.

The best way to control an infestation of silverfish is to remove the sources of their food. Foods like flour, cardboard boxes, and cereal can attract the creatures to your home.

If you have a large infestation of these critters, you should avoid using chemicals. Natural solutions can be used, such as diatomaceous earth. Boric acid can also be used. Although it can be very dangerous if inhaled, it can be used to treat infected areas.

Getting rid of silverfish can be difficult. You might have to try several different methods before you see results.

Our top picks for getting rid of silverfish

These are our 6 TOP picks for getting rid of your silverfish infestation. These products are carefully selected by our team to give you the most value for your money!