Are Silverfish Bad For Your Health?

Silverfish are insects that live in moist areas and are not disease-causing. However, they can be dangerous to people with allergies to silverfish. It is important to recognize the signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction and treat them as soon as possible.

One of the most common symptoms of an allergic reaction to silverfish is an itchy nose. This condition can last for up to two days. People who suffer from this allergy may also experience breathing problems. If the symptoms do not subside after a day, it is advisable to visit the doctor.

If you are worried about a silverfish infestation, it is best to contact a professional pest control service. You can contact a service such as Fantastic Services to get help identifying the infestation and eradicating it.

While silverfish are not dangerous to humans, they can cause a lot of damage to your home. They are nocturnal, and they can enter your home through tiny gaps and cracks.

In addition, silverfish can be difficult to find and control. They prefer warm, damp places, and they often gather in areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and laundry rooms.

Some of the foods that they like to eat include cereal, glue, cardboard, paper, fibers, and non-organic materials. If you have an infestation, you can try dehumidifiers or other devices to reduce humidity. Also, store dry food in airtight containers.

In addition, you can use diatomaceous earth to kill silverfish. Diatomaceous earth is a powder made from fossilized algae.

Our top picks for getting rid of silverfish

These are our 6 TOP picks for getting rid of your silverfish infestation. These products are carefully selected by our team to give you the most value for your money!