Will Bleach Kill Head Lice?

Will Bleach Kill Head Lice?

Bleach is a common remedy for head lice, but it is not a guaranteed cure. In fact, it is more likely to do more harm than good. Instead, you should use a treatment that is proven to kill lice once and for all. Bleach is an excellent deterrent to lice, but you should not use it repeatedly.

Using bleach on your scalp can cause chemical burns and poisoning. It can also damage your eyes, which can even lead to blindness. In addition, repeated bleaching of your hair may lead to dry, brittle hair, and scalp irritation. Always remember to hydrate your hair after bleaching to prevent drying.

Head lice infestations can affect adults too. One woman, Liz Slimon, got head lice from her son Dylan. She spent hundreds of pounds on treatments and potions, and bought new bed sheets and towels to try to get rid of the problem. But still, she spent six months with a head full of nits. In desperation, she even considered pouring bleach on her head to get rid of head lice once and for all.

Although the process of bleaching hair isn’t very well documented, it is known to kill some lice, and nits. However, it is unlikely to kill the eggs and nits. For this reason, a doctor’s advice is recommended.