Can Fly's Make My Cat Sick?

Can Fly’s Make My Cat Sick?

One of the most common questions you may be asking yourself is “can flies make my cat sick?” While some cats do not enjoy eating them, others have experienced vomiting after eating them. If your cat bites the fly, be sure to bring her to the vet immediately. Flies are known to carry various diseases.

When cats eat flies, they may experience stomach upset, although it usually goes away within a day. If the symptoms last longer, contact your vet immediately. If your cat’s illness persists, your cat may be suffering from a bacterial infection in the gastrointestinal tract. Other symptoms may include dripping saliva from its mouth, trouble breathing, or loss of body coordination. In some cases, your cat may have been poisoned, and in such a case, you must take your pet to the vet immediately. This is because the flies it has eaten could have been exposed to insecticides and could have caused poisoning.

Another way to prevent your cat from getting sick from flies is to use citronella candles. These candles work naturally and are a great way to protect your cat from fly bites. But if citronella candles aren’t effective, you can also try using other repellents. Lemongrass, lavender, and peppermint are known to repel flies. You should also clean your cat’s food bowl thoroughly and replace it with fresh food.