Bed bugs are the insects that invade our home and settle on our furniture and beddings. Mostly, they live in deep cracks or hide in our beddings. While they don’t transmit any disease, their much nuisance infests our bedding and leaves biting symptoms on our skin which itch and create some discomforts. Since bedbugs live in deep cracks, it is very challenging to eliminate them using sprays that are non-acidic. This is the reason why researchers have recommended the use of boric acid in bedbugs’ elimination. You can search for different methods on how to use boric acid to kill and eliminate bed bugs from the internet. But does boric acid kill bed bugs?
The effective way on Boric Acid Usage
Boric acid helps in mostly suffocating and slowly killing the bed bugs at long last. The following are the steps you genuinely require to terminate bedbugs from your home:
- Ensure you remove your beddings for easy application to your bed.
- Take some amount of borax acid and sprinkle over your mattress, and fill water in your spray bottle.
- Spray water on your mattress covered with borax to make it saturated. This aids in suffocating and killing all the bedbugs and their eggs.
- Alternatively, you can choose to mix boric acid with warm water to soak your sheets, blankets, and beddings.
- You can additionally use the solution to spray on the walls and others surfaces such as sofas, curtains, carpet, chairs, and any other places you think the pests can be hiding.
How long does Boric acid take to terminate Bed Bugs?
This usually depends on the concentration of the boric acid in your solution. This is how it works;
- With a concentration of over 1% of the boric acids, it takes 4-5 days to eliminate all the bed bugs.
- A boric acid solution with a concentration of 0.5% takes 7-8 days to eliminate all the bedbugs infested in your house.
Bedbugs are the most insects that are hard to eliminate from your premises. Sometimes we apply other methods that we see effective to eliminate them and we fail in the process as the methods aren’t effective. In case you don’t require worsening and risking the problem, it is recommended to boric acid as it guarantees complete elimination of the pests.