Wolf spiders are not dangerous to humans, but they are a nuisance. They can be found in houses and buildings, including sheds, garages, and outbuildings. If you come across one, it’s important to know what to do.
They are not poisonous, but their bites can cause severe pain and swelling. If you have been bitten by a wolf spider, you may need to seek medical attention. In addition, you may develop an allergic reaction to their venom.
Wolf spiders are generally very docile creatures, but their venom is toxic to pets and livestock. Because of this, they should be kept out of your yard.
Wolf spiders tend to hide in places like piles of leaves or brush, or in dark spaces. They can also live in the cracks of a foundation or beneath landscaping timbers. But if you are having trouble keeping them out of your house, you can hire a pest control company to spray your property.
When a wolf spider is bitten, it is typically very painful and causes the affected area to become inflamed. This will be visible as a red, swollen bump for a few days. It can also cause a variety of symptoms, including dizziness, nausea, rapid pulse, and skin tearing.
However, if you are allergic to wolf spider venom, you may experience a more serious reaction. You may even need to have surgery if the wound is deep.
If you have a wolf spider in your home, it is best to put it in a cup and take it outside. This will allow it to breathe and not be squashed by your hands.