How Do Silverfish Get in Your Ears?

Silverfish are small insects that are not dangerous to humans. However, they can cause damage to your home. They can also trigger allergies.

The silverfish get their name from their swift movements like fish. Although these insects do not bite, they can contaminate food and damage valuable possessions.

Silverfish can be found in moist areas such as bathrooms. This is because they are attracted to moisture.

These insects can be difficult to get rid of. If you find one in your ear, do not try to squeeze it out. Instead, put warm water into your ear and hold your head with the affected ear up. Leave it for a few minutes and see if it flushes out.

Aside from consuming your belongings, they can also cause infections. Some people even experience allergic reactions to the skin of the silverfish.

Silverfish have a three-act mating ritual. They lay eggs during the fall and winter seasons. As the adult silverfish grows older, it sheds skin.

If you are experiencing symptoms of an allergy, contact your doctor. Depending on your sensitivity, it may be a sign of a serious illness.

Silverfish are known to be attracted to certain foods. They can eat a variety of things, from cotton to paper, books and magazines.

These insects are nocturnal, meaning they will only come out during the night. They will leave behind a yellow residue in their wake. It is possible to find their poop stains on clothes.