Silverfish are wingless insects that are considered the oldest insect in the world. They can be found in many homes and are not venomous. Although they don’t bite, silverfish can cause damage to your home.
Silverfish are also known to be a common allergen, causing a variety of allergic reactions. It’s important to take precautions to eliminate an infestation before it grows too large.
An infestation can be difficult to remove, but you can do some things on your own to prevent them from entering your home. First, inspect your property for any cracks or openings that might be a hospitable harbor for them. If you find any, seal them up. You should also make sure that you remove any water sources in your house.
Silverfish like moisture. They are nocturnal creatures, so they only come out at night. Therefore, you should also pay attention to the areas around your windows and the foundation of your home. These areas are often in high humidity.
Silverfish are also able to get into your home through cracks. Some of these cracks are in the walls or the baseboards.
To treat your home for an infestation, you can use pyrethrin pest repellents. These are commonly available online and at home centers. However, you should keep the product away from children and pets.
Another option is to use boric acid, which you can sprinkle in cracks and crevices. This is a safe and effective method of getting rid of silverfish.