Can You Drink Wine If a Fly Gets in Your Drink?

Can You Drink Wine If a Fly Gets in Your Drink?

Flies can be a nuisance, but they can also be harmful to your health. They are the vectors of many illnesses and can be dangerous because they carry harmful bacteria. Because flies are so small, they can be easily manipulated, and they also have very small genomes compared to humans. When they bite, they can easily transfer bacteria to their host, and these bacteria can cause disease or infection in humans.

According to a recent study, fruit flies release a pheromone into your wine, which can ruin your drink. According to scientists, female fruit flies can deposit 2.4 nanograms of the pheromone into your glass every hour. Researchers at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences first isolated this pheromone and discovered that it had the power to ruin wine.

The simplest solution is to moisten your food. When you have bugs in your throat, it can be painful to swallow dry food. In order to make it more comfortable, moisten your bread in a liquid such as milk. Butter is another great lubricant.

Fruit flies use the scent of fermentation to find their way through food. Since fruit flies feed on sugars and yeasts, they are attracted to beverages containing alcohol. This is why they prefer red wine. Other alcoholic drinks use fermentation, such as soft drinks.