How Can the Council Help With Ants?

Getting rid of ants is no easy feat. These pests can be a nuisance, spreading bacteria, unhygienic matter and allergens around your home. You may want to call out a pest control expert to get the ant problem under control.

There are several ways you can get rid of these tiny, yet ominous insects. One of the simplest methods is to put a pot of boiling water on your ant nest, which will temporarily deter them from coming back.

A more thorough approach is to use an insecticide. An insecticide is a poisonous substance that kills insects. For the most part, householders can handle this themselves. The best way to make sure the poison works is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.

If you have a particularly large ant problem, you may need to call in the professionals. For a small fee, you can get a council operative to visit your property and discuss how you can rid your home of these unsightly pests.

The council does not offer treatments for tenants of housing associations or private landlords. However, you may want to check with your landlord to see if they provide pest control. Alternatively, you may want to consider using the services of a reputable contractor such as Pestclear. You can call them on 01255 433999. You may also want to check with the council’s customer care team to see if they have any special offers or incentives for residents of Newcastle.