Do Ants Make You Sneeze?

Getting stung by ants is not pleasant. Not only is it painful, but it can cause an allergic reaction, which can be life threatening.

The ant venom that stings can cause pain, swelling and redness. The redness can last for a few days, but it will eventually heal. In addition to the swelling, you may have trouble speaking and breathing. You should seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.

Fire ants are common household pests. They sting by injecting a toxic substance called venom. Some people have severe allergic reactions to the venom, including swelling and breathing problems.

Most people who get stung by fire ants do not have serious allergic reactions. However, some people have more serious allergic reactions, including hives. A severe allergic reaction is called anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is usually life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Using an adrenaline autoinjector can help counteract the symptoms of anaphylaxis.

An ant allergy is usually diagnosed by testing. This is done by a skin prick test. If the test shows that you are allergic, you will be prescribed immunotherapy. This treatment will prevent your body from forming an allergic reaction to the ant venom. If you have no symptoms, you do not need to get tested for an allergy.

People who live in fire ant-infested areas get stung on an average of once a year. Some people will get stung more than once a year. The venom from fire ants causes symptoms that include redness, swelling, and pain.