Can You Use Permethrin For Head Lice?

Permethrin is an insecticide used to kill head lice. It can be used to treat both adults and children. This preparation is available in shampoos and topical solutions. Proper application is important to ensure success. The treatment should be repeated after several days, but in some cases, treatment may not be sufficient. If your child continues to exhibit symptoms, you may need to consult a physician to get a prescription for another insecticide.

Once the head lice treatment is applied, you must leave it on for at least 10 minutes. After that, rinse it thoroughly with warm water and comb it to remove tangles. Permethrin will prevent lice from reoccurring for up to 14 days. Do not use this treatment on your eyelashes or eyebrows.

Permethrin may cause mild skin irritation in some people. It is important to read the label before using it. It may contain inactive ingredients that can cause allergic reactions or other problems. If you have allergies to certain ingredients, let your pharmacist know. You should also tell your pharmacist about your health history. You should also avoid constant or forceful scratching, which may lead to a bacterial skin infection. If the irritation or redness persists or becomes worse, seek medical attention immediately.

Permethrin is a commonly used pesticide for head lice treatment. However, recent studies have raised questions about its long-term effects. In addition to causing skin irritation, the product has the potential to be absorbed into the body through the air.

Our top picks for getting rid of lice

These are our 6 TOP picks for getting rid of your lice infestation. These products are carefully selected by our team to give you the most value for your money!