What Happens If You Touch a Cockroach?

A cockroach bite is usually harmless, but touching one can cause several health risks. These insects can carry multiple types of bacteria, including MRSA, which can be passed from cockroach to human. They can also carry allergens that can cause asthmatic reactions and anaphylactic shock. Therefore, it is important to avoid touching a cockroach if you see it in your home.

Cockroaches live in filthy environments, which means that they come into contact with many types of bacteria. Their feces can carry bacteria, including E. coli and salmonella. Cockroaches also defecate on anything they can find, including your skin, clothes, and food.

Cockroaches are considered one of the dirtiest pests. They leave behind feces and urine, and their droppings can contaminate food. Moreover, cockroaches can transmit various bacteria and parasites, so it is important to avoid touching cockroaches if you have children or pets. These insects are also known to spread typhoid and salmonella.

In addition to being an unsanitary pest, cockroaches can also cause asthma, which is a chronic respiratory disease that impacts the quality of life for almost 25 million people in the United States, including seven million children. Fortunately, medical treatment and a better environment can help control the disease and its symptoms. However, it is important to remember that cockroaches carry microbes and pathogens in their shed skin, which can aggravate asthma and cause it to become more serious.

Another concern associated with cockroaches is their allergens, which can irritate the respiratory system and trigger asthma. These allergens can also cause sneezing and watery eyes. Asthmatics are particularly vulnerable to the cockroach allergens, and a touch can trigger asthmatic symptoms.