Can Fire Ants Kill You?

Getting bitten by fire ants can be a very painful experience. You may get itchy, red welts or blisters, or you may have pain in your throat, chest, or arms. This may be due to the reaction to the venom of the fire ant.

If you are bitten by a fire ant, you should go to a doctor. You should also wash the area with soap and water. You should also use cold compresses to reduce the swelling.

A large percentage of people who are bitten by fire ants experience a reaction that is mild, or no reaction at all. However, it is possible to have a serious allergic reaction. This reaction can lead to a serious illness, suffocation, or even death.

Some people who are allergic to ant venom develop anaphylactic shock. This is a very serious allergic reaction that causes the throat and throats to swell, causing choking. Some people die because of their reaction to fire ant venom. If you develop anaphylactic shock, you should immediately go to the emergency room and get medical treatment.

If you have an allergic reaction to fire ants, you may need to go to an allergist for a desensitization injection. You should also take antihistamines to help you deal with the itching and burning.

If you are experiencing hives, you may also be allergic to the ant venom. Hives are red, itchy spots on the skin that may also cause nausea and dizziness.